TALKS IN 2018
- “Midcentury Modern: Politics and Culture in Postwar Los Angeles,” panelist, “Community Building and Cultural Movements in Postwar Southern California,” HSSC Conference on “From the Cold War to the Space Race: Science, Technology and Society in Southern California,” California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, February 10, 2018
- “Musical Metropolis: Los Angeles and the Creation of a Music Culture, 1880-1940,” invited speaker, Westerners International, San Dimas Corral, San Dimas, CA, March 7, 2018
- “Schoenberg and Hollywood: Lecture and Concert,” Saturday, May 26, 2018, 4 to 7 pm, Villa Aurora, Pacific Palisades, CA.
- “Midcentury Modern: Arts and Politics in Postwar Los Angeles,” panelist, Eleventh Biennial MESEA Conference, May 30 – June 2, 2018, University of Graz, Austria
- “Central Avenue Renaissance: Community and the Arts in Postwar Los Angeles,” panelist, “Poverty, Race, and Aspiration in Modern Los Angeles,” PCB-AHA Meeting, Saturday, August 4, 2:00-3:30 pm, Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA